Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saturday!

What a fun day we had yesterday! Mom, Kendra, Shyla, Kim, Karen and I went to Cienega high school early for their 5K - we had so much fun! Kim and Karen are pros, Kendra rocked it, and mom and I pulled up the rear pushing Shyla in the stroller. Oh shoot.... I was supposed to rename Kim, because she didn't like this pic, but I forgot the name! Ha!
My mom even won a metal for her age bracket! Go mama!

After the race, my dad met us at Kendra's house with my kiddos (he picked them up from my house when Jer had to leave for work), and we all had breakfast. Yum!



Then... that afternoon we headed to my cousin Cindy's bridal shower! I attempted to get a good pic of Lilly and Ben together, but didn't have much luck.

The beautiful bride and aunt Nanette.

My mom trying to find safety pins in a bowl of rice.

Us hanging out.
Isn't this a great pic of Kendra and Shyla?

And even I had a few minutes to hold Shyla!

It was a fun day!
Couple of stories without pictures:
-At the shower, Lilly was very interested in the cake. It was on a low-ish table, so she could gaze at it! She was VERY good about following my "no touch" instructions, but she did keep going over to look at it. It was cute... until she walked over and the cake was gone. I wish I had this next series of feelings on video: She panicked, but quietly. She started looking around, like on the floor, nearby tables, etc, looking for the cake. No luck. Then she decided that it MUST be on the table still, and she just missed it... she goes back to the table. Still no luck. The look on her face of fear and sadness - someone obviously stole the cake!! Just then Kathy (Cindy's mom) walks by with a piece that she is delivering to a guest. Lilly saw it and... immediate surprise and relief! Then, another little disappointment when she realizes it wasn't for her. Talk about a roller coaster of emotions within a very short time period!! Super cute - all was good a minute later when she had her own piece of yummy cake!
-Also, at the shower she got bubbles! Fun! But, by the time we were home, they were gone. Just before bed, she wanted more, but daddy and mommy said no. In order to avoid a meltdown, I told Lilly the story of the "bubble fairy" who brings good little girls bubbles while they sleep. So we drew a picture for the bulbbe fairy, and left out the empty bubble container. We said "more bubbles please bubble fairy" a couple of times before bed. Shockingly, overnight, the bubble fair arrived and brought Lilly a whole new jar of bubbles! Fun! She was happy and surprised and VERY cute this morning when she saw them and the note left by the bubble fairy. So fun!!

I have been trying to do a flashback picture once a month, and I think I forgot July. So... even though it is officially August, here is a flashback to July, 2008. We had moved into our house pretty recently, and it was monsoon season! This pic shows when it was just getting ready to rain - isn't the sky beautiful? That's why I didn't zoom in more. Lilly looks so little, and you can see little Zacky in my belly :)


Hoping good weekends are being had by all...

6 comments:

Your Mom said...

It was a really fun day!!..You forgot to blog about the "Lilly and the Shower Cake" episode!(no pics but you have to paint a word picture)!love...

Natalie said...

I think my favorite part about this post is the dress you are wearing in the flashback picture. It's beautiful!

The Yager Family said...

Thanks Natalie!
Mom, you are right! I fixed the oversight...
:)

Your Mom Again.. said...

oh whew!! I thought I just missed the whole narrative the first time and was going to have to eat crow once again!!!...is this another "let's see how long it takes to make Mom think she is demented" plan??? :)

Nicole Buchheit said...

aww! I want to meet Zak and Lilly now -- although I am starting to feel like I already know them.. :)

Suzanne said...

Great pics of all of you! Sounds like fun. :) I'll have to remember the bubble fairy...or bubble something masculine? Ah...I guess the tooth fairy comes for both genders....