Saturday, July 24, 2010

BBQ and Swimming ... Sorta!

So, this actually happened LAST WEEKEND but I am a bad, bad blogger and am just now getting to it. 
In my defense, last week was my first week back to work.
At a new job.
At a new school.
Enough said.
Throw in the 20th, and the need for a post then (love love love the 20th), and additional blogging just wasn't happening.

Anyhow, last weekend we went to a pool party/BBQ with my three closest friends from high school! The four of us have been getting together again, as often as possible.

I think we decided on at least 4 times a year, right ladies?

Anyhow, Laura and Josh were the hosts with the most, and we swam (um, for 4 minutes in between storms, but whatever), ate delicious food, and had hilarious conversation!

Lilly and Zac played together a bit! Warms my heart every. Single. Time.
With Tyler! (We were all sure Tyler was going to jump off the swing at any given point)
Water play with Sara!
As bad as I have been at blogging, I was an even worse photographer and that pretty much sums up the pictures I took.

The next morning, we all went to breakfast, where I actually got a picture of Spencer, eating next to Lilly.

And one of this lovely little number. Just jelly people, just jelly.
A HUGE congratulations to my dear friend Jeannette and her hubby Aaron who had their little bundle of joy either late last night or early this morning. Eleanor is about 2 months premature and so very tiny, but from what I hear she is doing just great. I can't wait to meet her soon! I'm saying prayers tonight that little Ellie stays healthy, gains weight, and gets to go home sometime soon - when she's ready.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I absolutely love that lots of Zac's pictures include messy foods all over is face! He is way too cute! I'll send out some warm thoughts to little Ellie. I hope that her NICU stay is short and she progresses fast so that she can go home with her mommy.

Natalie said...

I'd like to point out that the person in white behind Jelly Zac is me and that I managed to remain jelly free because I have mad skills.

So, so, so very much looking forward to the next get together.

Suzanne said...

Cute pics! So busy now, and hard to blog. I totally know. :)