Sunday, July 19, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!

A great, big, ginormous happy birthday to my daddy today!
We had a great day with him, from start to finish. Here is his birthday cake - a "Blizzard cake" from Dairy Queen! Are these new? Because I hadn't heard about them until recently, and let me tell you they are De-lic-ious!

If you choose to enjoy a blizzard cake for one of your celebrations, please keep in mind that it is, well, ICE CREAM, and therefore probably shouldn't be left on the counter for too long! Hee hee hee! By the time we got to it, this is what it looked like. Still... De-lic-ious!

I'm going to back up and start at the beginning. My wonderful parents babysat both kids last night so I could go out with the girls! We went to Blanco for dinner, and had a great time! Here we are - Clockwise it is me, Rebecca, Kristen, Amy, Suzanne and Eileen! We had so much fun and it was so nice to sit back and relax with a yummy white peach and habiscus margarita (!), great friends and adult conversation.
We had decided it would be easiest for my parents to put the kids down to bed at their house, then I just headed over there after dinner. Surprisingly, Zac woke up in the middle of the night. When I went in to check on him, I found he had somehow pulled back the bottom pad of the portable crib and he was laying on the bars, understandably upset. Are babies supposed to be able to do this? Random! I obviously didn't take a picture at the time, but here is how the crib was left.

So, I of course freaked out and refused to put him back in the crib. Instead, he and I had a slumber party in the living room for the rest of the night.
Anhow, after that crisis, we woke up and it was grandpa's birthday! Lilly sang to him and we got all set and headed out to the zoo. Stevie and Kendra and Shyla met us there, and boy did we have fun! Grandpa and Lilly checking out the lions.
The Forgacs fam.
Grandma and grandpa with the three grandchildren. Is this the first pic of them with all 3 kids? Maybe not, but then again... maybe.
After the zoo, we headed to The Good Egg for breakfast.

Then, back to grandma and grandpa's house. Lilly refused to nap, which is very unlike her - she usually embraces her naps. She obviously knew best though, because she was hardly grumpy until the very end of the evening. Anyhow, instead of napping, she went swimming!

Zac, thankfully, did nap. But, he woke up just in time to hit the water too! He had SO much fun splashing like crazy!

Grandpa cooked up a yummy dinner, then it was time for presents!

It was during presents that the cake was sitting out for too long. Oh well, it was still, seriously, absolutely yummy!
After dessert, Kendra and Stevie decided to practice their part in Beth and Dave's wedding this Friday - they are the officiators! Here they are, practicing their parts.

Since it's my blog and I have the power, I'm leaving out the picture Kendra took of me standing with Bailey (the dog) pretending to be bride and groom. Especially since he eventually got bored and left me at the altar. ha ha ha.
Other fun facts from the day:
-My mom actually said, "Hey! I'm not the one who is two years older than I am." That made no sense.
-My mom also said, "Blow out the candles grandma!!" referring to my dad.
-Not to pick on mom too much... Stevie asked my mom if she knew what at aviator was. This was while she was in the AVIARY at the zoo. Big difference. Then again, Stevie once threatened to call the CPA on me for abusing my daughter (for the record, he was kidding - I don't abuse my kids. And, if I did, I hope someone would call CPS rather than the accountant).
Why am I picking on my fam? Because I can. And because they can take it. And because they would, and do, do the same to me. And because I love them.
A very happy birthday to Kimmie too! Her and my dad share a birthday, which is so cool! Her daughter Kaylie might just share a birthday with my mom too, later this month... stay tuned!
First day of school tomorrow... wish me luck.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a great day for your dad. Sorry we couldn't see you guys over the weekend- definitely next time.

Now I'm craving Dairy Queen before bed!

Suzanne said...

Hysterical stories, and looks like such great fun!

Have a wonderful first day today!!!!

Karen said...

You guys made your poor dad cook his own birthday dinner?! Sounds like a great day though!

Your Mom said...

It sure was a fun day!!! I think it is the only pic of us and all the grands too. And, for the record I think Stevie says much more bloggable things than I do!!