Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where in the world are the Yagers?

Long post... beware!

Where in the world are the Yagers??
Right back home, where we should be!
Where have we been? Globe trotting!
Ok, I might be using the term "globe trotting" very loosely. But, the kids and I (Jeremy had to stay home to work) have been traveling! Here is a very brief run-down of our last couple weeks!

First, we went to Phoenix. Kendra and Stevie are SO generous and cashed in some of their "points" for two villas at Kierland Resort. Am I using the "cashing in" and "points" terms correctly? I don't even know. Regardless, we got to spend three nights there with them where we played, ate, swam, walked, played, whined, and laughed. A. Lot.

The cousins bathed together.


Naps were taken. Hats were worn.

Walks were taken. Laughs were shared.

Pack mules were packed. Mommies smiled.
Other highlights of the trip:
Lots of swim time including a lazy river, which Lilly wouldn't go on. I didn't dare bring my camera to anything water related.
My good friend Karen's little boy turned one - they live in Phoenix and the kids and I got to go to their party, where Zac got soaked (again!) at the water table and proceeded to smash frosting all over me. Birthday boy Tyler smashed cake into his mommy, and good times were had by all.
Mom got a flat tire on the way back from dinner, leading Lilly to YELL in the Safeway Parking lot "WILL SOMEBODY FIX MY GRANDMA'S TIRE" over and over (and over) again.
The people in the elevator who forgot to push the button, waited, and almost left when the doors opened again. I'm giggling to myself thinking about it!
A beautiful run overlooking a gorgeous golf course.

Day 4 - time to go to Sacramento!

No pictures of the flight, but you can use your imagination.
Me. Lilly. Zac. 2 huge checked bags. My purse, with laptop smashed inside. Huge carryon with snacks, toys, diapers, etc. Lilly's backpack with more toys and snacks. 1 double stroller. 1 ErgoBaby carrier. Lots of stress.
Zac = wiggle worm.
Lilly = pee pee monster.
Mommy = needing a drink.
Still, people (in general) are wonderful and understanding and helpful. We made it to Sac and were immediately greeted by Grandpa Yager!

We had such a great trip, and the pictures are still a bit unorganized, so here is a sampling.

Grandma and granpa spoil us all!
Great pictures on green, green grass.

Nana and Marg had us over one night!


We saw so many great friends!

Auntie Jenn and Uncle Jon were around as much as possible!

Goofy grandpa

Great meals and family time!

And good 'ol Zac... leaving his messy mark all over CA!

Some highlights:
Surviving the flight. Said it before, but I'm saying it again.
Stroller Strides with Kim - great workout!
Family dinners - not sure if grandma and grandpa were prepared to DUCK when Zac throws food.
Library Storytime. Enough said.
Dinner and Nana and Marg's - always a good time.
Visiting Norwood (my old school). Something so special about that place.
Sushi with Jenn! LOVE you Jenn!
BBQ in the park with friends - I love and miss you guys so much!
Shopping with Auntie Margie!
Gorgeous, and HILLY, morning runs.
Car breaking down in Vacaville :( Turned into an "adventure day," but bummed to miss the graduation party we were going to.
Pizza picnic outside.
Lake Folsom picnic.
I could go on and on.
The flight home was even longer, with a 2 hour layover in Vegas. But, we survived with wonderful memories of a great trip.
So thankful to grandma and grandpa Yager, and all of our family and friends!
If you're still reading... thanks!

6 comments:

Jennifer Yager said...

It was so great seeing you and the kids Chels! I wish I was done with school so we could have spent more time together, but the sushi, our fun talks, the picnic at the park, and buffet at Redhawk were all SO much fun! I miss you already! Love you!!!

Your Mom said...

What a wonderful trip...and what great memories are made of!

Suzanne said...

Still reading, and loved catching up and hearing about it! You'll have to give me some pointers for our flight in July!

Karen said...

So glad you had a good trip!! Am still so amazed that you manage to travel with both of them by yourself - Supermom!!

Grandma Grandpa Yager said...

We had a great time with you Chelsea and Lilly and Zac too! We so miss you all and can't wait to see you again. Love you!

Natalie said...

You came home and I left. Sorry my comment is so late. Looks like a wonderful trip. I too am amazed that you manage to juggle both kids. I had Spencer by myself, without Michael, for the first time in his life. For a whole 3 days. And I'm beat! You're amazing.